Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Fall weather?


Happy Tuesday!
Is anyone else dreaming of fall weather yet?  With our weather forecast showing the entire week with temperatures in the mid to high 90ºs, it makes me look even more forward to cooler weather, warm meals, fall scented candles and not sweating as soon as I get into my vehicle.
 As I mentioned last week, I can’t wait to start getting out my fall décor and having it truly feel like fall around here.  I’m ready to replant our front porch flower pots to fall colored chrysanthemums and display some of the pumpkins my mom is growing in her garden.  

 I walked through the garden yesterday, and her small pumpkin patch is looking great!  It was so horribly windy and dry yesterday that I couldn’t snap a good picture, but as soon as the weather cooperates, I’ll try to get one posted.  She has quite a few different pumpkin varieties-- white (white ghost variety), green (which I think are actually of the blue variety), the cute small orange pumpkins (jack be little and munchkin variety--aren't those the cutest names for little pumpkins?!--) and some of the easily recognizable jack o’lantern variety.

After living in the eastern part of the state for college and moving back to northwest Kansas, I’ve really grown to appreciate fall in my home part.  Spring brings lots of dry wind, summer is hot and fall is usually really pleasant.   

Here’s to hoping I didn’t just jinx the weather for the next few months and that fall weather arrives very soon!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. We're experiencing hot and dry too. We had a sneak peek of fall last week and I am more than ready! Can't wait to see your pumpkin pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... I'm so, so ready for cooler weather. At least the mornings here are nice, and it looks like next week will be better than this week!

      Delete
  2. I've actually been to Colby before! It was an interesting little town :) Haha, my fiance was in a wedding for a guy that we went to college with. I'm not for sure if he still lives there or if they moved somewhere else in Kansas. I'm ready to start decorating too-- our place just looks a little dreary these days, haha. You'll definitely have to post some pictures of the pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a small world! We actually live in an even smaller community than Colby. I was just at work already when I snapped the screenshot. :)

      Delete
  3. So jealous of that little pumpkin patch!! How do I get one now haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty nice to have them so available rather than getting them from a store. :) Happy Friday, Katelyn!

      Delete