Monday, August 31, 2015

Favorite Summer Moment(s)!


I’m linking up with Andrea and Erika and sharing my favorite summer moment. But… that is a hard question, so I’m going to talk about two things that we did this summer that were some of my favorite moments!
 
As I’ve talked about before, Chase’s parents have a place at Cedar Bluff Reservoir where we have spent many weekends enjoying the sun and company of everyone.  You can’t beat relaxing at a lake.  (Well, unless it is an all inclusive beach resort…) But for western Kansas, this takes the cake.  Sun, family, water and good eats = perfect weekends (and favorite moments) for me!

Chase and I also took a trip to New York to visit my oldest brother, Adam.  We spent five days enjoying the city, eating good food and sightseeing.  Adam lived in Washington DC for eight years before relocating to Manhattan last fall, so it was fun to explore a new city!  Aside from a layover in NY during our honeymoon, which ended up being a 24-hour layover (thanks JetBlue…), this was our first trip to really see the city.  We loved our time away from northwest Kansas, but it was also really nice to get home.

 
 My favorite part of the city?  Central Park and One World Observatory!

It was a great summer, and I truly can’t believe how quickly it went by!  

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh New York!!! How fun!! And Cedar Bluff is so nice!! It is so pretty there!! Sounds like such a good summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great summer! And the picture of your dog on the lake is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete