Friday, August 21, 2015

Five Friday Favorites!


1. This week I began shopping for some of the fall birthdays we have in our familyChase and I are the only ones in my family of six (soon to be seven with my future sister-in-law joining the fam in May 2016) to have a birthday that doesn’t land during the fall months, and we have three nephews, on his side, with birthdays coming up soon too!  I like getting a head start or at least a good idea of what I plan to purchase.  I sometimes struggle with gift ideas for kids, but I’ve found that checking with the mom helps tons.  Chase and I like to give gifts that will be used and/or are needed rather than something that’ll break within the week or be tossed in the corner in no time.  Getting some ideas from the parents always = a great route to go! 

2. We are loving the veggies we’ve been getting from my mom’s garden.  Every spring and summer she plants a HUGE garden, and we’re lucky to be able to snag some of her excess produce!  I look forward to the day that we have enough room to plant a big garden of our own.  You cannot beat fresh produce. 



3. Speaking of my mom sharing her wonderful produce… We also got our first pumpkin of the season!  She accidentally knocked it off the vine, so she passed it on to us.  Since it is still pretty warm outside, I’m leaving it inside so the sun doesn’t start spoiling it.  But, I do plan to put some on our back patio and some on our front porch once the fall season gets underway.

4. I shared one of our favorite meal recipes yesterday.  The recipe makes so much extra that I’ve been eating leftovers for lunch the past two days.  Chase took the rest in his lunch today too. #perfectleftovers 


5. Chase had the afternoon off from work on Wednesday because of their company requirement to get so many hours of “rest time”.  (He worked during the night on power outages in our area.)  Since we work in different towns and we never get the opportunity to have a lunch date, Chase headed my way and took me out to lunch.

We are off to Denver for the weekend for some QT and a little shopping!

It’s been a great week, and I hope you’ve had one too! 




Thank you for stopping in!  


post signature

10 comments:

  1. Yay for fresh garden veggies! Those pasta shells look delicious! I'm definitely going to have to try that recipe :) Hope you all have a great weekend in Denver!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsey! Aren't fresh veggies the best?! I hope you do try the recipe, and I hope you enjoy it! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. The Mexican Stuffed Pasta Shells look uhhhh-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good, Britanie and so simple! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. I love the title of your blog and I totally agree. I love fresh veggies, too. I only wish I had a garden. I usually go to the Farmer's Market to get them. Oh and your pasta looks delicious.

    Have a great weekend... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Farmer's Markets! Hope you had a nice weekend too, Dee!

      Delete
  4. You have such a lovely blog! And I'm with you on the fresh vegetables. My mom does the same thing and we love getting her extras. Even better is when she cooks it for us! Am stopping by from Five on Friday. Hope you're having a good weekend!

    http//theclassychaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping in! Hope you had a great weekend, which maybe included some veggies from your mom! :)

      Delete
  5. We just got some sweet corn from the fiance's mom & it is so much better than the store bought stuff! Hope Denver was awesome!

    ReplyDelete