Monday, August 24, 2015

Weekend Wrap-up!


Hey Everyone!

This weekend went by in a flash.  I took Maci to my parent’s house Friday morning before work, so our Friday evening could be spent packing for a quick weekend away.  Saturday morning, Chase and I headed to Denver where we spent the rest of the weekend eating too much good food, shopping and enjoying our time away!

We originally planned this last minute trip to get his iPhone 6 screen fixed.  Long story short, Chase dropped his phone two weeks ago, and we took it to a local repair guy to fix the shattered screen.  After a not too favorable outcome and a lot of excuses, we picked up the phone to take it to a real repair shop in Denver where we were told the internal computer board (bear with me… I have no idea about technology or the lingo associated with it) was damaged by the last person.  I was pretty, let’s be honest, very upset to hear that news, considering the phone was working when we originally dropped it off to the local guy, minus a shattered screen.  Anyway, I think we are now on the same page with the original repair guy-- either fix the phone or replace it.  So we’ll see how that goes.  The downside?  Chase is on call 24-7, so being without a phone has not been the best scenario.

On other note, have you ever been in a Charming Charlie?  My sister-in-law (Thanks, Kristin! But, I'm not sure Chase would thank you... ;) ) told me about this shop a while ago, but I had not visited one until this weekend, and I am so glad I did!  They are having a huge sale on their costume jewelry-- Buy One, Get One Free, and it ends on Wednesday.  If you are near one of their shops, check it out!

I also stocked up on fall home décor from HomeGoods, we did some clothes shopping and we rounded out the trip at Cabelas for Chase.  He purchased some camo gear and a new hunting gun he has had his eyes on for a while now.
 
We were able to grab some sushi with my old college friend and maid of honor, we had a nice seafood dinner and left Denver miserably full from Tex-Mex food!  All in all, it was a great weekend, mainly because we had some time away just the two of us.

I hope you all had a great weekend too!  And again, if you haven’t been to Charming Charlie before… go!


post signature

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all had a fun little weekend getaway! Love Charming Charlie's & I so wish we had a Home Goods closer to our town!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great weekend! I wish we were closer to more shopping too... But that makes getting to a city that much more fun!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like such a fun weekend getaway! I am obsessed with Charming Charlie! Could basically buy the whole store! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun time! And I know... Such a cute store that I will definitely be returning to!

      Delete
  3. Charming Charlie is such a fun store! Good prices too. We don't have a Cabela's near us, we have Bass Pro Shops and a Field & Stream just opened. Hubby spends lots of time browsing the Cabela's catalog though! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of Field & Stream before! Cabela's is almost always a stop for us whenever we head to a city for shopping. :)

      Delete
  4. I would have been so irritated too about the phone! Hopefully he fixes it correctly (or buys you a new one!). Charming Charlie is addicting! I don't go in there too often but it's great when you need some cheap(er) jewelry. Their clothes are super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it gets fixed (or replaced!) too! I agree, their clothes were super cute too!

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh we are one in the same with our love for home goods. I could spend all day in there!! :)

    ReplyDelete