Friday, August 28, 2015

Friday Favs



How is it already Friday?  This week flew by for me!  Here is my weekly recap of some of my favorite things and moments!

1. As I wrote about earlier this week, Chase and I got away last weekend for a spur of the moment trip to Denver.  We were able to get some shopping done, have some good eats and just enjoy the perks of city life.
 
2. I have had the new fall home décor I picked up last weekend sitting on our dining table all week because I’ve been contemplating putting it out.  I haven’t unpacked my other fall stuff from storage yet, but if I do some, I feel like I should go ahead and do it all.  I still have American flag décor out from the summer months, but it’s time to put those away.  Is it too early to put out fall stuff?


3. I am still enjoying the homemade granola I made earlier this week.  It is such a simple recipe!  I plan to make another batch within the next few weeks but this time with peanut butter.  Who doesn’t enjoy some good peanut butter granola?

 

4. Some of the jewelry I picked up from Charming Charlie last weekend has been on constant repeat this week.  I purged some of my old jewelry, and I'm looking for ways to better organize my things, particularly my jewelry drawers.  It always feels good to reorganize things.  I plan to do our hallway closet this weekend and start pulling out fall clothes from the back of our closet.  I also like to rewash some of my pieces, especially scarves after they have been stored/hung for so many months.



5. We have a wedding to attend this weekend of some old high school friends.  It will be a fun evening filled with wedding love and chatting with old friends!  It also brings to the forefront that we are only one month away from our two-year wedding anniversary!  Where does the time go?


 
Along with looking forward to the wedding Saturday, my oldest brother who lives in NYC is heading home for the week.  We’re celebrating my mom’s birthday, which is on Monday, and having an early celebration for my dad’s birthday in October.  Adam's trip home also falls on his birthday!  So, lots of celebrating going on over here!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Xo.

post signature

14 comments:

  1. I found your blog through the momfessionals Friday link up + I love it!! I love fall and all things pumpkins! Also, I must try that homemade granola! Can't wait to check out more of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! Thank you for stopping in! I'm thoroughly looking forward to fall getting here-- it's still over 90 degrees where I'm at. I'm ready for cooler weather. Do try the granola!

      I checked out your blog, and congratulations on the babe! :) Enjoy your time away to San Diego!

      Delete
  2. Your fall decor pumpkins are SO CUTE! I need to get my stuff out this weekend too ... I'm interested in that homemade granola too - looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kaitlin! Thank you-- the pumpkins were such a good price from HomeGoods! I'll probably cave and pull out our other fall stuff that I have packed away soon too! Thank you for stopping in-- hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. love all your jewelry, so organized! I need to make some homemade granola one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a simple recipe! I've been eating on it all week. :) Hope you have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  4. Ahh I love those little pumpkins! Fall is the best flippin season ever, am I right? My rule for fall decor is September 1st. September 1st I am officially in fall mode - decor, recipes, clothes! Something about the 1st just signals fall in my mind!! Only a few more days... I can make it. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love fall! September 1 sounds like a great plan to me! :) Hope you had a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a super fun weekend! And an early congrats on your two year anniversary! Time does fly, so fast. The granola looks so yummy! And I completely agree, it always feels good to organize. My amazing mama came down thursday and helped me clean and organize! One of the things I am so proud of is putting the kid clothes in individual bins and labeling them by size. That way L is ready for the next batch of J's clothes, it's so easy to switch them in and out!!!

    Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love organizing and storing things away in good order, just like it sounds like you do/did with your kiddos clothes! So nice of your mom to help!

      Delete
  6. I'm putting out my fall stuff on September 1st!! That's fall to me!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what Britanie said too! Sounds like a great plan to me! Thanks for stopping by Sarah!

      Delete
  7. I don't think it's too early to put out Fall decorations. But this is coming from someone who starts listening to Christmas music in September! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll cave and start pulling mine out soon! Hope you had a great weekend!

      Delete