Friday, August 14, 2015

Friday Favorites- Top Three!

I have tossed around the idea of blogging for a few years now, and I finally decided to take the leap.  Whether or not this blog goes anywhere or if it is just a site for my family and friends to visit, it is a great place to compile and share our life happenings.  

I’ve had a stressful busy few days learning and researching different ways to design the site, and I am loving that I finally feel like I’m getting a hang of this blogspot stuff!  Hang in there while I still work through some kinks.   

I am linking up with Andrea, Narci and Erika to share my Friday Favorites!


1.  Chase’s family has a place at a “nearby” lake, which is rural Kansas talk, (it is actually more than an hour away) that we’ve been visiting since we started dating in high school.  Some summers have given us the opportunity to visit a lot more than others, but this summer we made it our goal, early on, to go as much as possible.  We’ve spent a few weekends there with family and some time there alone, but today we’re heading there as a group again.  You cannot beat the views from the bluffs, and Maci’s love for swimming and any and ALL things water is in full swing!


(This photo of Cedar Bluff from the bluffs was taken this spring.  Thanks to a lot of wonderful, summer rain, it's much greener now!)


2.  In preparation for our weekend away, I baked Andrea’s monster cookies last night.  They are the perfect cookie to binge snack on, and so unbelievably easy to whip up!  I know our three nephews will enjoy nibbling on them, as well as the adults. 


3.  We bought Maci a Serta dog pillow from Sam’s Club, and she.is.in.heaven.  She sleeps in our sunroom that connects our house to the garage, but we leave the pillow inside while we are lounging in the evenings so she has somewhere comfortable to lie down.  You cannot beat the price and the cover is machine washable, so it’s a win, win! 

Thank you for stopping in; I'm so glad you did!  Next week I plan to share a special 25 Things About Me for 25 Years.


Enjoy your weekend!


6 comments:

  1. Found your post on the link-up & wanted to say hello! Blogger can definitely be finicky at times. I've had my site for two years & still don't know what I'm doing sometimes! Cedar Bluff looks beautiful! I have some relatives in Kansas (and I live in Nebraska) but I haven't been there in such a long time. Those cookies look amazing too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan! Thank you for reaching out! We are thoroughly looking forward to the weekend, and I hope you have a great one as well!

      Delete
  2. Just found ya from the link up too!! Cedar bluff looks amazing!! I feel like everyone will like those monster cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Katelyn! The cookies are great, and so so simple! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited to be following along! I just got back into the blogosphere and decided to start afresh. Maybe we can share our experiences and questions together! And by the way... I love monster cookies! So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love that! I'm completely new to all of this, so I'm learning as I go. :) Try the monster cookies-- you won't be disappointed!

      Delete